Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pork Chop with Apple and Sweet Potato


This recipe actually came from the P90X nutrition guide.  I made this for dinner the other night and everyone liked it.  It reminds me of fall and comfort food, so this will go in the rotation when the weather turns a little cooler.  Do you have certain recipes you only use during a particular time of year?

The recipe in the nutrition guide is only for one serving.  I used more pork and divided up the apples and sweet potatoes so it would serve the entire family.

6 ounces lean boneless pork loin (I used a family pack size of boneless chops)
1 medium sweet potato (I used 2 large)
1 medium apple (I used 2)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Slice the sweet potatoes thinly.  Quarter core and slice the apples into 8 pieces.  On a large piece of foil, layer sweet potato slices, pork chop, and then apple slices.  If desired sprinkle with cinnamon, salt, and pepper.  Wrap well and bake for 40 minutes.  I used 5 or 6 pieces of sweet potato, 2 pieces of pork, and 3 or so pieces of apple on each piece of foil.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment