Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pizza Chicken

This recipe is popular with the boys, which is good because not only is it healthy - it is pretty easy too.  I was able to prep this on Sunday (my plan and prep day) and just pop it in the oven Monday night; even with soccer practice, football practice, and play practice going on.  The extra few hours I spend on Sunday getting stuff together for the week pays off every single time I don't have to stand in front of the open refrigerator wondering what in the world we are going to eat.  It decreases the stress level immensely!  I hope you can add this into your rotation and have one less thing to worry about when dinner time rolls around.  So without further ado, pizza chicken:



Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Can diced tomatoes
Dried Basil
Garlic Powder
1 Small Onion finely chopped
1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese

Since there are so many of us and we like to take leftovers for lunch, I use the family pack of boneless skinless chicken breasts when I make this.  I am not quite sure of the pounds of chicken, but there are about 6 or so chicken breasts in the pack, and I split them each in half so I get 2 pieces of equal thickness for a total of 12+ pieces.

Line two 9x13 baking dishes with aluminum foil.  Place chicken breasts on the foil.  Sprinkle with basil (or you could use Italian seasonings or Oregano) to coat.  Sprinkle with garlic powder (I actually use the garlic that comes already diced in a jar and just spread about a teaspoon on each piece of chicken.)  Sprinkle chopped onion and diced tomatoes over all the chicken.  I only use 1 can of tomatoes because that is probably the boys' least favorite part of the dish but you can use a can for each baking dish if you like.  You could also use the flavored diced tomatoes too.  Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.  Cover the dishes with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until cooked through.  I serve this with a side of whole wheat penne pasta and some broccoli.


No comments:

Post a Comment