Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Focus T25

We are entering the third week of Focus T25 for the boys and I.  Even the boys in the neighborhood have come down to do a few workouts as well. 

They went back and told their mom about the program so she came down early one morning (5:30 - now that is dedication) to try it with me.  She is currently doing P90X and was wanting to see what all the fuss was about.  While we were working out she was asking about the program, how many weeks, how many DVD's etc.  So I thought I would give some details on the program itself.  I will give a review of each of the workouts in the Alpha phase after we complete it (2.5 more weeks). 

What is Focus T25

FOCUS T25 is a 10-week program split into 2 cycles—ALPHA and BETA—which each last 5 weeks. Each workout is only 25 minutes a day.  There are 5 different workouts you do in a different order each week.  Friday is a double day, so that is really T50 - but you have the option of splitting your double and doing 1 Friday and 1 Saturday.  Shaun T is the creator of the program.  Basically he pulled out all the rest/break time, so you get everything you need, and nothing you don’t. He consistently reminds you during each workout to FOCUS, and the name implies the intent: If you focus your intensity for 25 minutes, and you do it 5 days a week, you WILL get a great workout.

How can 25 minutes be effective? 

Major studies have shown that 30 minutes of exercise can be just as effective at burning fat and even more efficient than 60 minutes of exercise. These fast-paced FOCUS T25 workouts are jam-packed with dynamic, high-intensity moves designed for maximum efficiency and effectiveness. Every minute counts!  I definitely feel like I have gotten a serious work out done in only 25 minutes.  Not that sweat is necessarily an indicator of how hard you are working, but I sweat more in this 25 minutes than I used to in an hour at the gym.

What is included?

10 workouts plus 1 bonus workout all on 9 DVD's.  A 5 day fast track guide with specific workouts and a meal plan for those 5 days.  A nutrition guide with 5 meals a day that take only 5 ingredients each and a 5 minute prep time.  A workout calendar for each phase that outlines exactly what workout needs to be done each day.  A 15 pound resitance band.  Everything you need is included.  So far in the alpha phase we have only used our body weight for resistance.  As for space requirements, you just need enough room to move up, back, and side to side. 

Is T25 for me?

If you want to work out in less time but still get great results T25 is for you.
If you enjoy a high intensity, no-nonsense program T25 is for you.
If you can find 25 minutes in your day to workout T25 is for you.  (How long did it take you to read this post and scroll around on the internet?  Right, you have 25 minutes to work out!)
*Note: Although Shaun T also created Insanity, this program is not like Insanity.  You can stick with Shaun and really push yourself, but there is always a modifier on screen that does only low impact moves. 
Does T25 sound like a good fit for your life and your health and fitness goals?  You can always leave a comment below and I will do my best to answer all your questions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment