Monday, September 30, 2013

Crockpot Spinach Chicken

I love this recipe from the Gracious Pantry website (www.thegraciouspantry.com).  It is so simple, easy, and tasty.  The rest of the family is not on board with me for this one.  My husband is not a huge spinach fan and says the recipe is too "slimy" for him.  That's ok by me though because I make this in the crockpot on Sunday night and have lunches for most of the week.  I like it with a little shaved parmesan cheese on top.  If your family likes spinach, you could serve this with some brown rice or whole wheat pasta and have a nice meal that will be almost done when you walk in the door. 




Ingredients:
  • 4 large chicken breasts
  • 1 lb. frozen spinach
  • 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 (18oz) jar marinara (I use Muir Glen Organic)
Directions:
  • Place all ingredients in a 5 quart crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. It's done when the chicken easily falls apart. 

How easy is that??

No comments:

Post a Comment